For this CFP we are looking for submissions that include articles, essays, creative work, that deal with disability and love in all forms. Individuals with disabilities have to navigate their bodies and lives, but once love enters the picture it can be both healing and damaging. Looking at the contradictory and complex nature of love, we are interested in how love and relationships interact with the experience of disability. What happens when lovers learn of our disabilities? What happens when lovers leave because of disability and/or illness?
Topics may include, but are not limited to:
- Disability and new relationships
- Disability and self-love
- Failed loves and heartbreak
- Disability and love relationships as represented in cinema and literature
- Disability and love in memoirs
- Disability and the love for life
- Disability and parents/family love
- Disability and sexuality
- Other types of love and the interaction with disability
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
You can make submissions via our journal system online https://cdjournal.scholasticahq.com/for-authors. We also encourage the writing of a complementary blog to be published alongside the release of any successful articles.
Submission deadline 1st November 2017